- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 cup red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 2 focaccia bread pieces, split horizontally
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, garlic and lemon juice. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Brush vegetables with olive oil on each side and the grate of the grill. Place bell peppers and zucchini closest to the middle of the grill, and set onion and squash pieces around them. Cook for 3 minutes, turn, and cook for another 3 minutes. The peppers may take a bit longer. Remove from grill, and set aside.
- Spread some of the mayonnaise mix on the cut sides of the bread, and sprinkle each one with feta. Place cheese side up on the grill, and cover with lid for 2 to 3 minutes. Watch carefully so the bottoms don’t burn. Remove from grill, and layer with the vegetables. Enjoy as open-faced grilled sandwiches. Enjoy!
Recipe Compliments of Executive Chef Sierra A. Martin